Cream of the Crop: Pretty Lights & Barney`s Farm; LSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LSD coming along fine but slightly slower than Pretty L...Pics 1 & 2
    Pretty Lights has the potential to really let rip height wise which means I need to be on top of her to keep her roughly in line with the other grows...should be interesting...Pic 1 & 2 before I did anything. Pic 3 after being topped and Pic 4 with cutting

Comment

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Pagan, I don't have the balls to top her that much. How long will it take for her to recover?

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      kingfish I usually chop around there and have never noticed any issues. They seem to cruise along okay but in truth I`ve never particularly noticed the time period involved. Best suggestion is we`ll use this as an indicator. Sorry I couldn`t provide a better answer mate...I have split the junction before. Thanks to both Daas and Old100 I now leave a stub above
      Last edited by PaganRich; 09-14-2018, 10:33 AM.

Nice rich. Watching ur Lsd close was goina grow it this time but had to take over some clones from my brother so they wouldn't go to waste. He changing to notill from a big rdwc setup. Had got my self all worked up bout the Lsd. Happy gardening.

Comment

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      redbeard Hey up Red, how`s it going mate. I grew this one and it was very, very nice as well. Don`t know how you view Auto`s but the LSD strain is a parent-bit obvious that really-and I remember a good harvest off her and pokey smoke
      LSD-25 Auto has a satisfying body buzz, but the psychedelic punch can't & won't be denied. Her Indica side will keep you grounded while the trippiness frees your mind so it can take off in a flight of ideas. Enjoy LSD-25 too much, which is very possible even for the highly tolerant, and you could see pink Gorillas floating around the room. Enjoy in moderation!

Everythings well here I'm well out of hurricane range . Still pushing 90 everyday,too hot for me. I'm not against the autos I just finished out 3 automazar. My first auto experience . Just wanted to try em mostly cause until a few years ago didn't know such a thing existed. I grew outside for 30 years and finally got forced inside. This year makes me remember the trials of outside life. We've had 8 inches of rain the past 2 weeks in the 90s ever day. Would be a rot fest. Anyways ya the auto so far are fine the mazar smokes fine and they yielded out great the star of the show put 27oz in the jar. Didnt like training with buds on that much. I got some photos of the Lsd. Happy gardening

Comment

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      There`s a heck of a lot of long time growers on here. Man, there`s a lot of info and experience here. Very humbling but great stories to boot...thanks for above Red. Cheers mate

LSD was topped today....Pic1 before I did anything, Pics 2-3 post trim and Pic 4 shows prepared cutting for rotting. This is placed in the veg tent in partial shade and watered daily til she gets established

Comment

kingfish Morning mate...Attached-Pretty Lights-3 days in the row -Sat to today-showing the time she took to respond to the topping. As you can see, she`s growing fine, needing to angle the pot`s direction to get more light on the lesser node growth but that won`t be a problem. Hope you`re fine mate

Comment

Looking good.

Comment

She is taking off with a vengeance. Looking good my friend. Maybe leave some leaves on her this time to photosynthesis. Just my. $.02

Comment

kingfish I think what people are forgetting is the heat and the fact that I have routinely done this and achieved top shelf buds and good yields. Don`t forget people on this site usually only see a first attempt grow with a new strain from me. I usually need 2 to get a proper `feel`. There are many fine growers doing the same as I am, they just do it a heck of a lot better. Also, grow weed easy just ran an article on Fluxing where this picture was used. I say this now, there would not have been any issues with Purple or Bud Bud if temps hadn`t soared throughout the hottest summer ever recorded in this country. Even Chem would have yielded about an ounce I reckon based on specs and how I had her, thickness of stems etc. I don`t like seeing bushy plants and I do believe that defoliation is the way forward but there is a danger that when environmental factors impact, it can lead to a mis-diagnosis and then the old conversations arise. Don`t get me wrong, I screwed Chem up however the other 2 were doing fine until they went under the 600`s. That was the cause of failure. Even festooned in fan leaves, the heat would`ve killed them as I just couldn`t get a decent cooling airflow going or temps down. Now, if this happens in winter I`m royally screwed excuses wise I`ve just read this and it sounds ratty but I`m truly not. Actually having a break from my meditation sessions so pretty mellow. I`m just stating my case. To me, robust defoliation is the way forward. Mind you, I watched this NASA programme about satellite solar panal wings. Since seeing that I have decided not to remove fan leaves that haven`t fully deployed. I do think this will benefit Kush strains as I defol them less than some of the other strains. Glad you like the pics mate. They usually respond like that as a rule. Stay mellow
          Last edited by PaganRich; 09-17-2018, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            Well if you planned on Touring Shiloh Millitary park our tree farm is right there. So if you were you will be in an area I go to frequently.

• kingfish
            kingfish commented
            Editing a comment
            If any of you ever visit Yellowstone Natl.Park, give me a shout.

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            kingfish You`ve got wolves and bears there mate, haven`t you? I love wolves and bears. Not close up mind. Definitely will shout if near there. Looks a beautiful neck of the woods. You`ve got some right nice land over there. I mean, you can travel for ages and not be near anyone. Like you can just disappear with a few mates. Like that

https://youtu.be/7S7dR3DTNhY Here are me and some friend on our ATV. Turn on your speakers.

Comment

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            kingfish
            Hells bells but there`s some evil hairpin turns you handled there mate but beautiful. Looked like you didn`t have much in the way of wiggle room

Pretty Lights
          Pics 1-2 before I did anything. Pic 3 bit of structure added as well as a feed. Coming along nicely and have angle on her slightly stretchy growth patten-she needs to be right under the lamp and closer than the others usually would be. Only way I managed to rein her in
          LSD
          Pics 4-5 show her before structuring and feed. I`m gonna leave the first node growths alone and let them grow up through the middle or nearby and then with the 2nd & 3rd node growths, plan an X formation growth patten. See how that goes. Pic 6 shows her after I`d done everything
          Pic 7 just reminds me of my mate-an old biker-somewhere out on the moors with a gaggle of witches from his coven. Hopefully I`ll see him again as long as he doesn`t piss them off I`d imagine. Saying that, they do have attitude

Comment

Looking nice. I think our grow is going to come down to your massive training and defoliation vs my lst, topping, lolipopping, and strategic pruning.

Comment

• PaganRich
              PaganRich commented
              Editing a comment
              To be honest, seeing your grows I`d be happy just to be in the same ball park at the end let alone running close but you never know. That`s the fun. Hopefully it will be close but in a chilled way

• Redwasp
              Redwasp commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh like your grows arent spectacular.

Did a little adjustment today.
            LSD Pics 1-2 & Pretty L Pic 3

Comment

Pretty Lights-Supercropped and feed today Pic 1
              LSD-Before I did anything Pic 2 & then feed and re-adjustment on restraints Pic 3...both coming along nicely

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
                LurkingInTheGrass commented
                Editing a comment
                LOL - for some reason #3 tickles my funny bone. That's one, well restrained plant 😁

• PaganRich
                PaganRich commented
                Editing a comment
                LurkingInTheGrass I do like restraining lasses it has to be said

LSD Topped the ends off which should result in roughly 10-12 colas but we`ll see-Pic 1
              Pretty L-Having a bit of a pickle with structuring and then noticed a damaged stem which has necessitated and bit of tape and an orchid clip. Got 8 stem growths going at the moment and with the damage and bow in the t-junction growths I`m not going to push this with a heavy structuring. Will work to let her heal then move on from what she`s like after. Good learning curve, bit of a structuring challenge. Saying that, the damage was bad and she might lose a wack of growth but will play it by ear-Pic 2

Comment

Pretty Lights is sure ugly structure wise but she looks happy enough. Since she`s in control I`m just going with the flow...Pic 1 before anything and Pic 2 after a little restraint structuring added
                LSD Pic 3 before and Pic 4 after I tidied up restraints...doing alright

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X